Friday, December 10, 2010

Enough With The Numbers PLEASE!

It’s that time of year and once again Facebook has found a way to distract millions of people who should be working on studying and preparing for finals. This time it’s different though. A new highly annoying game has taken over the once great Facebook.
It all started early last week. By posting a status saying “Inbox me a number and I’ll post a comment with that number and what I think about you,” users could pry the truth out of their so-called friends.
This highly irritable game has made me view Facebook as MySpace. I now dread logging on and seeing multiple statuses that say, “55, we’ve been through so much, but I’ll always be here for you.” PEOPLE, WHY DO WE NEED TO USE FACEBOOK STATUSES TO TELL OUR FRIENDS HOW WE FEEL?
This isn’t MySpace where we post our inner 15-year-old emo statuses. This isn’t Twitter where we can post multiple times a day and not be looked down upon. This is Facebook. This is where we go to see what’s going on and not have to be worried about being bombarded with useless information. Of course there is already some of that on there, but that’s what he hide button is for.
I have to say though, Facebook was successful in one thing this week and that was not making me want to log in at all. Even though I did hide many friends from my news feed (who I thought would stand up against this new form of evil), I’m still scared many of my sane friends will be pulled into this nonsense game.
So, let’s all take a stand against this numbers game and keep Facebook the way it is to be. We all don’t need another useless MySpace-like account on our hands.
Let me know your thoughts on this new numbers game!

No comments:

Post a Comment